Topics of MSc and BSc theses
Interaction of cyanobacteria or lichens in natural environment
- The effect of environmental factors (biotic and abiotic) on the production of lichen metabolites.
- Analysis of biochemical changes occurring in tree tissues as a result of their colonization by lichens.
- Molecular backgrounds of cyanophage infection – analysis of mechanisms on genetic, physiological and biochemical level.
- Response mechanisms of Raphidiopsis raciborskii to environmental stress condition (effect of H2O2 and chill/light).
- Separation, identification and acquisition of bioactive secondary metabolites synthesized by lichens.
Environmental biotechnology phytoremediation and bioremediation
- Design of production of model cyanobacterial constructs by CyanoGate technic; analysis and optimization of protein productivity (MlrA in particular).
- Construction of algae-microbial fuel cell (aMFC) that employs cyanobacteria with the overexpression of valuable protein; the analysis of aMFC functionality.